fullerenesfriends
F4E in full afect! What up dawg?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

fullerenesfriends
F4E in full afect! What up dawg?
fullerenesfriends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fully I need some advice about a fight I have coming up

5 posters

Go down

Fully I need some advice about a fight I have coming up Empty Fully I need some advice about a fight I have coming up

Post by PJ Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:55 pm

My friend challenged me to a boxing match scheduled for the end of the month. It will be five 1 minute rounds, with mouth guards required. I fought him once before and it was pretty clear that neither of us really knew how to box, but I still managed to floor him with a punch. This time I know he will be better prepared for sure because he does insanity as a work out. I don't really do the working out thing, but I know if I catch him with something he will go down. Basically I need your advice on what punching combos to try that might surprise him and catch him off guard. He really knows nothing about boxing so I don't think its needs to be anything too fancy.
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Fully I need some advice about a fight I have coming up Empty Re: Fully I need some advice about a fight I have coming up

Post by PJ Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:57 pm

I was thinking of going with the pull counter like this...

but I don't know if I can master that by the end of the month.
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Fully I need some advice about a fight I have coming up Empty Re: Fully I need some advice about a fight I have coming up

Post by PJ Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:01 pm

This thread isn't just for fully, anyone else can give me their 2 cents lol
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I would use a superman punch, overhand right combo. I've seen it work a thousand times in MMA and I don't see why it would be any different in boxing.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:04 am

My only other advice is to always believe in yourself.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:57 pm

I was thinking some more traditional boxing stuff, I mean I can't jump high enough for a superman punch for starters.
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:07 pm

Well, for starters you need the jab punch. That is what they call "punch number 1" in boxing gyms. I won't say I'm an expert but since you asked, this video might help:

fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fedor4eva Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Dawg, 4get the h2h bs. gotta come strapped just in case
fedor4eva
fedor4eva
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Any updates?
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

hey i've been training the jab like you told me, i've also been practicing non stop haymakers on my punching bag. I figure ill tire him out with my jab and then just start throwing bombs. Fight is tomorrow so we'll see what happens.
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Paul 2012! Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Fight the government, not your fellow citizens!

Your government controls YOU! It should be the other way around!!!

Ron Paul 2012!!!!.
Ron Paul 2012!
Ron Paul 2012!
Friend

http://www.ronpaul.org

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Fight never happened. I think its been rescheduled for some time this summer. I should have plenty of time to get ready.
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Good. That gives you more time to train!
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:04 am

update on the fight!

It hasnt happened yet, but could happen soon.

I havent trained at all, but I am like 20 pounds heavier than I was. He has only gotten skinnier since then so I figure with a massive weight advantage I'm gonna destroy him.
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fedor4eva Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:48 pm

thats gonna hurt u if u gotta cut that weight

but if its just scrappin in the streetz then yeah, u just put the weight on ma boi and hes gonna crubble, lol.
fedor4eva
fedor4eva
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm

PJ wrote:update on the fight!

It hasnt happened yet, but could happen soon.

I havent trained at all, but I am like 20 pounds heavier than I was. He has only gotten skinnier since then so I figure with a massive weight advantage I'm gonna destroy him.
It sounds like he is ill. You may want to fight him now before he gets better.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:18 pm

fight still hasn't happened, but possibly in september

i'll keep you guys updated.
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeway Rick Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:15 pm

PJ wrote:fight still hasn't happened, but possibly in september

i'll keep you guys updated.

i can teech u a few trikcs PJ so u wont loose
Freeway Rick
Freeway Rick
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:08 pm

im listening rick

the guy i'm fighting is 6 feet tall and has played hockey and off for a few years

also he is a firefighter
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:46 am

Sounds like he'll be able to fight in extreme heat or cold. I would avoid fighting him in either one of those conditions, so that you don't put yourself at a disadvantage.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:48 pm

that made me laugh for like five minutes
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Stay serious, PJ! Fighting is 85% mental and 90% of fights go to the ground!
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by PJ Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:08 pm

well this one won't since its boxing!
PJ
PJ
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:46 am

Boxers can easily be taken down and neutralized. This can only be done, though, if you are a grappler!
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down