fullerenesfriends
F4E in full afect! What up dawg?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

fullerenesfriends
F4E in full afect! What up dawg?
fullerenesfriends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flamboyant Dancing Attracts Women Best

4 posters

Go down

Flamboyant Dancing Attracts Women Best Empty Flamboyant Dancing Attracts Women Best

Post by fullerene Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

LONDON - JOHN Travolta was onto something. Women are most attracted to male dancers who have big, flamboyant moves similar to the actor's trademark style, British scientists say in a new study.

Kris McCarty and colleagues at Northumbria University and the University of Gottingen in Germany asked 19 men aged 18 to 35 who were not professional dancers to dance in a laboratory for one minute to a basic drum rhythm. They filmed the men's movements with a dozen cameras, and then turned those movements into computer-generated avatars so the study could focus on moves, not appearances.

Scientists then showed the dancing avatars to 37 women, who rated their skills on a scale of 1 to 7. According to the women, the best dancers were those who had a wide range of dance moves and focused on the head, neck and torso.

The research was published this week in the journal, Biology Letters, a publication of Britain's Royal Society. It was paid for by Northumbria University.

'In principle, it is possible to break down the motion patterns that are informative and attractive to women,' said Rufus Johnstone, a reader in the evolution of animal behavior at Cambridge University. He was not connected to the research.

Mr Johnstone said there were similarities between animal mating rituals and what happens in modern dance clubs. -- AP

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/TechandScience/Story/STIStory_576809.html
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Flamboyant Dancing Attracts Women Best Empty Re: Flamboyant Dancing Attracts Women Best

Post by fullerene Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Just wanted to drop a bit of "411 knowledge" to anyone who didn't know this already.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Flamboyant Dancing Attracts Women Best Empty Re: Flamboyant Dancing Attracts Women Best

Post by fullerene Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Boy do I wish I had someone I could dance with, flamboyantly or not, right now Sad.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by seattlegluepiss Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:00 pm

women are less threatened by femininity, a refection of themselves.

seattlegluepiss
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Then why do they always seem to date jocks and policemen and other macho guys?
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sins Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Women know they're weaker then men, and have a instinctual desire to mate with men who are seemingly more able to protect them.
Sins
Sins
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by seattlegluepiss Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:43 pm

fullerene wrote:Then why do they always seem to date jocks and policemen and other macho guys?

a view reinforced by popular culture idealism. it would be great if good looking women only had sex with good looking men, but unfortunately, in reality, skinny gay faggots are all the rage these days.

seattlegluepiss
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 pm

You're probably right, seattlegluepiss. I guess i should focus on getting skinnier.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 pm

And dancing better/more flamboyantly.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by King Kooki Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:28 pm

It is a well documented fact that dancing, flamboyantly or otherwise, does not attract women anymore than they would be inclined towards attraction otherwise. The simple fact is that men who dance like this are more likely to be both physically fit and aggressive in meeting women. those are the explanatory traits when it comes to higher levels of attraction. The dancing simply is not.

As an example, I do not know how to dance at all. I've never tried and I don't see the need to try now. My friends, many of whom are famous African American athletes, dance quite often and well. Yet the advantage that they would presumably have over me n meeting women simply does not exist. Or, more precisely, if it does it is completely overcompensated for by intelligence and witty conversation.
King Kooki
King Kooki
Good Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fullerene Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Not that I doubt you but sometimes I wish you would cite your sources, KK.
fullerene
fullerene
Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down